Prof. Konstantinos Georgiadis
- Honorary Dean of the International Olympic Academy
- Vice-rector at the University of Peloponnese on Culture and International Relations Issues
- Professor of the University of Peloponnese, in the Department of Sports Organization and Management
- Member of the IOC Commission for Culture and Olympic Education since 2010
- Member of the IOC Coordination Commission for the 1st Youth Olympic Summer Games in Singapore 2010
- Member of the Executive Board for the LOC “Athens 2004” Organising Committee for the 2004 Olympic Games.
- PhD in Sports Science from the Johannes Gutenberg Universität of Mainz
Publications: "Die Ideengeschichliche Grundlage der Erneuerung der Olympischen Spielen im 19. Jahrhundert in Griechenland und Ihre Umsetzung 1896 in Athen" (The ideohistorical base of the Olympic Games’ revival in Athens in the 19th century and the first International Olympic Games), Agon Sportverlag, Kassel 2000 and The Revival of the Olympic Games, Pbl Ekdotiki Athinon, Athens 2003. Among his recent editions are: Olympic Truce – Sport as a Platform for Peace, (Georgiadis K., Syrigos A. (Eds)), International Olympic Truce Centre (IOTC), Athens 2009 and The International Olympic Academy – History of an Olympic Institution, I.O.A., (Koulouri Chr. – Georgiadis K. (Eds)), Αthens 2007, (English and Greek), , 50 Years International Olympic Academy Inspirations & Memories, Athens (Georgiadis Κ. (Eds)) 2011.
Participation in Congresses: He has been invited and participated as main speaker in many international congresses and fora. More specifically, he recently participated, among others, to the following: the International Seminar of Sports Mega-Events, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul and to the launching of the book “Olympic Studies and Olympism in the Brazilian and International Scenarios” at the School of Physical Education and Sports of the University of São Paulo, Porto Alegre, Brazil, November 2011, the Symposium onGuth- Jarkovský, Prague, Czech Republic, April 2011, the Congrès international francophone “De la mémoire du sport aux études olympiques francophones: vers une nouvelle dynamique?”, Paris 2010, the 11th International Sports Sciences Congress, Antalya-Turkey, November 2010 (organizer: European College of Sport Science), the 7th World Conference on Sport, Education and Culture, Durban-South Africa, December 2010, the 5th Beijing Forum – Beijing Forum 2008 (organizers: Beijing Municipal Government, Peking University, Beijing Municipal Commission of Education, Korean Foundation for Advanced Studies), the 6th World Forum on Sport, Education and Culture “Sport and Education for the Now Generation”, Busan, Republic of Korea, (organizers: International Olympic Committee, UNESCO, Busan Metropolitan City, Korean Olympic Committee), The Universiade Bangkok 2007 FISU Conference “University Sport: Sport Creates Man... Man Develops Nationhoods”, 5th World Forum on Sport, Education and Culture, (organizers: Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad (BOCOG), the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), and the International Conference on Sport and Education, Celebrating 2005 United Nations International Year of Sport and Physical Education, Bangkok, Thailand, (organizers: Royal Government of Thailand in collaboration with the United Nations).
- He is Emeritus Professor of the Capital Institute of Physical Education in Beijing (2006)
- He has been honoured with the Vikelas Plaque (2007) by the International Society of Olympic Historians (ISOH) for his contribution to the Olympic research
- He was awarded the highest honorary distinction of the NOC of Lithuania for his contribution to the Olympic Movement