31st International Seminar on Olympic Studies for Postgraduate Students
Main Topic: “The Olympic Games and the Olympic Movement: Past, Present and Future - An Analysis from the Historical, Philosophical and Social Perspectives”
Special Topic: “The athlete in modern society: inspiring and fostering unity”
Dates of the Session
Arrival in Athens: Friday, 20 September 2024
Arrival in Olympia: Sunday, 22 September 2024
Works of the Seminar: Monday, 23 October – Thursday, 10 October 2024
Departure from Olympia: Friday, 11 October 2024
Departure from Athens: Saturday, 12 October 2024
NOAs and NOCs can collaborate with universities and Olympic Studies Centers in order to propose postgraduate students with outstanding academic achievement.
Upon submission of the online application form, all students (in collaboration with their NOC/NOA) will be requested to submit a plan of initiatives they are going to take after the end of the seminar in order to share their experience and disseminate the knowledge acquired during the Seminar. This could include the following:
• Make at least 1 presentation on their experience at the IOA to their fellow-students and Professors at their university.
• Cooperate with their respective NOC/NOA in order to develop and implement at least 1 project or programme related to Olympism at a school or university (minimum reach 100 people).
• Use Social Media as a means to promote their experience and knowledge gained at the IOA.
The platform will be open from Tuesday, 30 January 2024 and the final date for enrollment will be Friday, 5 July 2024, after which the registration platform will be closed.
All works of the Seminar are conducted in English, therefore, in order to be accepted to the Seminar, applicants must submit the relevant English certificates or be native
Documents Required to Submit
1. Detailed CV of the candidate
2. Passport-size photo in electronic format
3. Recommendation letter from the student’s supervising professor
4. Nomination letter from the respective NOC/NOA/University
5. Motivation letter
6. The Olympic topic the student is doing research on and an Abstract of the paper
7. Official certificate demonstrating the proficiency of the applicant in English (level B2 or higher)
8. Signed declaration of consent to the processing of personal data, please print and sign this document.
Selected candidates will have to send to email@example.com the complete draft of their academic paper (2.500-3.000 words) by Tuesday, 20 August 2024. The students’ papers will be published in a special IOA publication.
A) Registration fees
As of 2022, all participants are required to pay registration fees amounting to 150 euros per person via STRIPE. Please kindly note that from 2024 this payment method will be eligible for any transaction (bank transfers will not be accepted).
B) Participation fees
The participation fees amount to 1.350 euros per person and must be paid via STRIPE. Please kindly note that from 2024 this payment method will be eligible for any transaction (bank transfers will not be accepted).
Each payment should correspond to the registration of one and only participant.
C) Refund Policy
• A full refund will be given up to 80 calendar days prior to the start date of the Seminar, namely until July 2, 2024.
• A 50% refund will be given for cancellations made 79 to 72 calendar days prior to the start date of the Seminar, namely July 3, 2024 to July 10, 2024.
• No refund will be granted for cancellations made within 71 calendar days of the start date of the Seminar, namely from July 11, 2024.
• No refunds will be given for No Shows.
• A full refund will be provided in the event that the Seminar is cancelled by the International Olympic Academy.
• Refunds are issued by the International Olympic Academy and may take some days, after the refund has been processed, to be received. IOA retains the right of the return method.
• In the case of an emergency/ extenuating circumstances, special requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis by the International Olympic Academy
• Refund requests should be submitted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Participation fees will cover accommodation and full-board in Athens (only for the nights of September 20th and October 11th), in Nafplion (on September 21st) and in Olympia (from 22 September to 10 October 2024) as well as all local transportation and guided tours related to the official programme of the Seminar.
Any additional overnight stay in Athens must be taken in charge by the participants.
Also, please bear in mind that all participants will be allocated in twin rooms, in Athens, in Nafplion and in Olympia with no exceptions whatsoever.
Flight tickets: Participants must pay for their round-trip flight ticket.
Local transport: The IOA will take care of the participants’ local transport strictly from September 20th (date set for the arrival of the participants in Athens) to October 12th (date set for departure).
Participants who need a VISA to enter Greece should address themselves to the Greek Embassy of their country, where they will submit their application along with an invitation letter from the IOA. Should there be no Greek Embassy in some countries a VISA from an Embassy of any country member of the European Union could be accepted.
May we remind you once again that any cost concerning the issuing of such a VISA should be borne by the participants themselves.
- A full refund will be given up to 80 calendar days prior to the start date of the Seminar, namely until July 2, 2024.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations made 79 to 72 calendar days prior to the start date of the Seminar, namely July 3, 2024 to July 10, 2024.
- No refund will be granted for cancellations made within 71 calendar days of the start date of the Seminar, namely from July 11, 2024.
- No refunds will be given for No Shows.
- A full refund will be provided in the event that the Seminar is cancelled by the International Olympic Academy.
- Refunds are issued by the International Olympic Academy and may take some days, after the refund has been processed, to be received. IOA retains the right of the return method.
- In the case of an emergency/ extenuating circumstances, special requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis by the International Olympic Academy
- Refund requests should be submitted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For any further information, please, contact us at:
Tel.: +30 210 687 87 28
- 1. Review which documents you must upload for your application to be considered.
- 2. Make sure you have collected all documents. Please remember about the Declaration of consent to the Processing of Personal Data.
- 3. Create a folder to upload your documents at Dropbox or a Google Drive
- 4. Make sure all documents are uploaded
- 5. After you have uploaded your documents, ensure we can access the link by pressing the option "anyone with the link can view".
- 6. Ensure the previous step is done so we can see and review your documents.
- 7. Copy the shareable link.
- 8. On the bottom right, press "Upload Documents" button. A pop-up window of your profile will appear.
- 9. At the bottom section "Upload Documents of the pop-up, please paste the link there and choose which session you are applying to. Your application is then successfully submitted.
- 10. The IOA support team receives a notice to review your documents.
- 11. You will receive a status update email with further guidance on how to proceed with your application.
- a. How do I upload my files to Google Drive and share the link with the IOA? See here
- b. How do I upload on Dropbox and share the link with the IOA? See here
- If you have questions or need more help, contact IOA support team
- If you have questions or need more help regarding technical issues, contact IOA support team