3rd World Olympic Summer School 2024
June 23, 2024
10-16 years old
Hellenic Cultural and Educational Club for UNESCO
The registration period has ended for this program
The Hellenic Cultural and Educational Club for UNESCO, in association with the National Olympic Academy and professional educators and sport coaches, organizes 23 June – 30 July 2024 the 3rd World Olympic Summer School 2024 under the auspices of the International Olympic Academy. The School is also supported by the UNESCO Chair in Intercultural Policy for an Active Citizenship and Solidarity, University of Macedonia, Greece. The World Olympic Summer School aims to raise awareness relating to the Olympic Values and to prepare the next generation of the Olympic Values Ambassadors. In the World Olympic Summer School are welcome to participate students between 10 – 16 years old from all around the world. Teachers can also participate in the Summer School. The official languages of the Symposium are English and Greek. Focusing on Respect, one of the three core Olympic Values, the students will learn the importance of respecting themselves, the others, the world tangible and intangible cultural heritage and the planet (the R-Project). Through the program designed by the National Olympic Academy (ΕΘΝ.Ο.Α.) students will be informed about the necessity of protecting the cultural heritage which on the one hand is achieved by providing cultural education from an early age and on the other hand by the permanent maintenance of the monuments by the competent bodies. They will come into contact (virtual) with the cultural treasures of the Peloponnese through which a retrospective will be made combined with important historical events. In the Environmental Workshop, young men and women will have the opportunity to present the basic principles of environmental education, their positions on the environmental problem and participate in the creation of the “Youth Environmental Guide Book”. At the same time, they will get to know the main plants from the local flora, which they will try to depict on the one side of the “Discus for the Environment” and take with them as their personal creation. The World Olympic Summer School will be hosted in the International Olympic Academy.
Dates of the Session
23 June – 30 July 2024
Documents Required to Submit
Information is uploaded on the official site of the School;
Sign up or Log in
Read and agree to our declaration of consent
What you will need to do:
- 1. Review which documents you must upload for your application to be considered.
- 2. Make sure you have collected all documents. Please remember about the Declaration of consent to the Processing of Personal Data.
- 3. Create a folder to upload your documents at Dropbox or a Google Drive
- 4. Make sure all documents are uploaded
- 5. After you have uploaded your documents, ensure we can access the link by pressing the option "anyone with the link can view".
- 6. Ensure the previous step is done so we can see and review your documents.
- 7. Copy the shareable link.
- 8. On the bottom right, press "Upload Documents" button. A pop-up window of your profile will appear.
- 9. At the bottom section "Upload Documents of the pop-up, please paste the link there and choose which session you are applying to. Your application is then successfully submitted.
- 10. The IOA support team receives a notice to review your documents.
The IOA receives my documents. What happens after?
- 11. You will receive a status update email with further guidance on how to proceed with your application.
- a. How do I upload my files to Google Drive and share the link with the IOA? See here
- b. How do I upload on Dropbox and share the link with the IOA? See here
- If you have questions or need more help, contact IOA support team
- If you have questions or need more help regarding technical issues, contact IOA support team
Payment cart will appear here after IOA team reviews & approves your documents.
Share your travel and personal information
Share your flight details for airport pickup by the IOA team and your dietary restrictions so that we can accommodate your needs accordingly.
The button to fill out your food and travel info will appear after your complete step 3.Travel Personal Info